Friday, April 3, 2009

Scissors from a different side

One of the first projects that I finished in my design class was to created interesting angles of a stapler, clothes pin, pliers, hole puncher or scissors. I chose to use scissors as my subject.

I was pretty rusty. I hadn't drawn anything in years. The style of scissors only added to the problem. It was not the standard shears. Instead, it was a pair of Kitchen Aid scissors.

I've used Photoshop a couple of years ago, but I never used Illustrator before. The setup looks like Photoshop, but the tools are different. This was our class first project and I already got a "swimming in the head". I had to read anything and everything that would help me. I did the tutorial that was listed on the school, but this didn't selected or nothing changed. Through trial and error, I figured things out.

I posted the wrong project. I posted the project from the tutorial instrutions. I later posted the correct Illustrator document.

3 comments:

  1. Great job on your project. This is the first time I have worked with any of the adobe products. It is taking me alot of time to get use to all of these adobe products. But great job on your project!!

    Mark Antlitz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you did a fabulous job on your scissors project. I personally had a really rough time with it and thought the whole class was going to be a huge disaster. Luckily, we switched to a more computerized based art than drawing based so I'm okay now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chose scissors also, and I it was a lot simpler than I imagined. i actually had fun! I do admit I had to read a little about the software beforehand, but I did eventually get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete