Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Classics Are The Best



Sometimes you shouldn't mess with the classics. I am not a fan of change. Maybe that's why I don't like the new versions of classic games. I played Namco Museum on PSP. It contained a 3d version of Pac-Man. I was not pleased with it. Although the graphics were better and a bit more complex, it lacked that arcade feeling. I missed the electric blue background. I wonder what it means when I could never complete Pac-Man but I finished the PSP version. There is no other Centipede like the classic version. Iphone version offers three choices: classic, arcade and ultra. I played all and I still will choose the classic version. The graphics may be a little prettier and bright, but the gameplay is too hectic to enjoy with the busy visuals. NO OTHER Space Invaders is as good as the first. I played the one on the 2600, yes I am a little dated. That one had different settings like moving barricades, your fighter was huge and making it hard not to be killed or invisible invaders. I played the Space Invaders game for DS. It looked more military like. It could be visually updated but no extras. I have no objections to a missile command or pong upgrade.

No comments:

Post a Comment