Friday, February 20, 2009

My experience with Titian


Once when I was in 10th grade, the class was given extra credit to see the Titian exhibit at the Smithsonian. I went the last day late after school. The place was empty except for the lone security officer way away from the exhibit. It felt like a dark room although it was lit, because there was no sunlight in the room. I never stepped foot in the exhibit. There was one painting where the eyes were scouring. I felt the look. I took a brochure and wrote some kind of report. The teacher read all the reports and said a lot of people didn't see the exhibit. All they did was use the brochure. I got a B because I wrote how the art looked so real, and how that particular painting made me feel. This is not the painting that I saw but it is representative of his style. http://www.arthistoryguide.com/travel/travel36.aspx

1 comment:

  1. I think that that's the mark of good art - being able to invoke some kind of emotional response in the viewer. Whether or not that response is pleasurable isn't always the point, as long as you feel something. You apparently saw enough.

    ReplyDelete